Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Journals

When I was younger, I obsessively kept journals.  Most of them were the classic "fuzzy TV" black and white composition notebooks, and many were wrapped in duct tape to keep them from exploding from all of the pictures and papers I kept.
But now I'm considering an upgrade.  I keep coming across all of these beautiful more "grown up" options:

These handmade Epica journals have a wonderful leather bound library feel.  And I'm really a sucker for gilded edges.
Starting at $100
Starting at $40


Smythson is such an iconic name in all manner of stationery and leather goods.  I'm particularly in love with everything in their Peppermint collection.  The icy, powder blue ostrich-skin print is just divine.
From $105
From $130
From $140


From Aspinal of London, these clean-lined journals are feminine and fun, and I imagine that the metallic gold would weather and wear beautifully with age.
 calf skin journal $70
metallic journal $65



The classics: Moleskine.  I have this fantasy of a wall of shelves full of volumes and volumes of the classic black cahiers.  And they're definitely the most affordable of the lot.

Sketch notebook $10.95

Volant pocket notebook (set of 2) $8.95




No comments: